Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What We Missed At Lollapalooza

This past weekend was Lollapalooza in downtown Chicago. Both Dave and I toyed with the idea of getting tickets to see Friday's line up, as we're HUGE fans of Nine Inch Nails (which will be lovingly referred to as NIN from here on out). However, at the last minute we decided not to because the money we would of spent on tickets would benefit us more if we put it towards more house repairs - we're in the midst of getting our basement de-molded, finding the cracks, repairing, and remodeling; a huge undertaking that has taken up almost all of our summer and will probably go into the fall.

Luckily for us, we didn't have to stand in a mud pit (as it rained that day), we didn't have to be part of the large crowd, nor pay an astronomical amount of money to see it live. The whole set can now be seen from the comfort of your home here. I'm watching it on my iPad while I type it and it's just fantastic! The resolution is amazing and the sound quality is outstanding. For reasons like this I absolutely love technology.

Of course I'd LOVE to see NIN live with my own eyes in a smaller setting, but if this is the closest I can get to the real deal for the time being, I will take it since Trent Reznor and his band mates still have it after all these years! I'm proud to say NIN has been and always will be my favorite band.

No comments:

Post a Comment