Thursday, November 21, 2013

Give Thanks

I absolutely LOVE November. To me it's a month of personal reflections, thankfulness, gratitude, and remembering all those who have passed, but still live on in my heart. It's a time to remind myself that every day is a good day and to not take the little things for granted. 

I've found that the easiest way to realize how blessed I am is to try and forget, to put away and ignore, all the things I don't have and focus on the things I do. The top four things I ask for every day are the following:
  1. Abundance - this to me is having enough money to put food on the table, a roof over my head, clothes on my back, shoes on my feet, clean water from the tap, a job that I mostly enjoy so that I can do all these things and still have personal time to pursue my passions. It's about the work-life balance.
  2. Health - this is the one I have struggled with at the end of 2013, but since my last post, I've graduated to a boot and will begin intense physical therapy next Monday. So, I'm seriously glad that I do have the majority of my health and am continuing to heal, as it could of been a lot worse.
  3. Love - this isn't just about romantic love, although it is one of the many types. It's also about love for your family (even if you don't always get along with them all the time), friends, pets, poetry - anyone and anything you would look out for and can say, 'I truly love ______.'
  4. A Peaceful Place To Live - this goes hand in hand with abundance and making sure the roof you put over your head is one you can afford as well as, being peaceful, serene, and a space no matter how big or small that allows you to grow as a person. I feel a lot of my self discoveries this past year have taken place under the roof my boyfriend and I have worked hard to make nice, in order to put over each others and our own heads - today, tomorrow and into the unwritten future.
Reminding myself of how important these things are each and every day provides me with a great clear view of what I do have, and makes me really happy for the rich life I have created for myself. In these uncertain times it's best to take inventory of what we do have, and not worry so much about what we don't, because in a blink of an eye it all can be taken away. So, take the time to let others know you care through your words and actions this holiday season and don't worry about getting all the latest deals or gadgets. Make something. It will be remembered longer.

What do you have in your life that you are grateful for this month? Feel free to share it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment