Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hello World, I'm Your Wild Girl!

My full name is Kathryn Ann Paone, but my friends call me Kate. You can already find me on the internet on both Goodreads and Yelp under the email alias of:  kpaone92.

I left my current job as a front desk administrator and trade show coordinator at a local software company at the end of 2012 in order to pursue my artistic passions.

These passions include, but aren't limited to:
  • Being serious about writing, illustrating, and self publishing my first children's book.
  • Working on my voice in order to try to break into voice over work for children's programming. I absolutely love the show "Yo Gabba Gabba!" and have also been inspired for years by "Sesame Street" and "The Muppets."

Some Fun Facts About Me, That You May or May Not Already Know:
  • I'm a bookaholic.
  • I love to make up funny voices for each character when I read out loud.
  • I can make any child smile - a fun skill I learned during my lifeguard/swim instructor years in high school and college.
  • My last name means "Peacock" in Italian.
  • I have a tattoo of a sea turtle on my right shoulder blade to remind myself to be patient, share my wisdom with others, and to relax and go with the flow because I can't control everything, nor would I want to.
  • My favorite colors are orange, green, and purple.
  • I have been volunteering my time to literacy at Open Books since 2012.
  • I have enjoyed my time as an occasional nanny and hope to build up some more clients in this area as well. (See my care.com profile - if interested in contacting me.)

Thanks for reading!

P.S. There will be more blog posts to come, so I'd love for you to join me on my krazy awesome adventure into the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment